500 gr fresh brussel sprout
80 gr freshly grated parmesan
50 gr pine nuts
1 dl olive oil
half of lemon juice
1 smoked garlic clove (optional)
2 teaspoon salt
- Wash and trim the brussel sprouts under cold water removing any doggy yellow or even spotty leaves.
- Dig out the stalk with a sharp knife otherwise the pesto can be a bit chewy.
- Cut the raw brussel sprouts into quarters and put them into the food processor. Add all the other ingredients and pulse on medium until gets thick and creamy. Add some more olive oil to taste.
- Cook some fresh tagliatelle in boiling water, drain and reserve some water in a mug. Mix the pasta with 1-2 tbsp pesto and add some water if necessary.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.